Toronto night life

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Coming Up: Sue Kenney and the Camino De Santiago: Pilgrim, Best-Selling Author & Workshop Designer

In October of last year I attended a presentation at the Spanish Centre in Toronto, entitled "Camino de Santiago", an event to which I had brought 6 of my friends who I throught would enjoy this topic. I enjoyed that evening very much and I was intrigued by the speaker, Sue Kenney, who is a very unusual individual. Sue has a very special, spiritual energy and her inner peace, strength and confidence radiate visibly. The event impressed me so much that I wrote about it in an earlier article.

During the last few years, I had heard of the Camino de Santiago, Spain's most famous pilgrimage route, and although I am not formally religious, I found the idea of a month- long pilgrimage on foot a fascinating idea, for a variety of reasons.

People from all over the world walk the Camino, and they do it for different reasons: for religious or spiritual reasons, to challenge themselves physically and/or mentally, to connect with the fascinating Spanish landscape and culture, and many other rationales.

Sue Kenney did it for her very own personal reasons. After having been laid off from a successful 24-year career in the telecom industry Sue figured it was time for a long walk.

And this walk has indeed transformed her life. In the few years since this soul-transforming event, Sue has found true meaning in her life by communicating her learning experiences and the life philosophies that she developed on the Camino de Santiago.

She has since written a best-selling book and recorded a storytelling CD called "Stone by Stone" about her experiences on the Camino, she has become a sought-after keynote speaker and workshop leader who is teaching the corporate world about the values that she discovered on the Camino, she has just finished writing her second book and is working on a variety of other creative endeavours at the moment. She has also become a spiritual leader who inspires others and has since returned to the Camino, taking a group of people along with her on this spiritual journey.

Shortly after October presentation I approached Sue to do an interview with her, but her schedule has been so tightly packed with another trip to the Camino, promotional appearances, workshops and other activities that it has taken a while to bring the interview to fruitiion. However, I am pleased to announce that Sue has found the time to answer my questions and that you will be able to read her life-transforming story very shortly.

Meet Sue Kenney, a fascinating woman, and one of the few people who have discovered their true purpose in life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home